AS SEEN ON
Hello! Welcome to Brave the Elements! I hope you can use this site to find ways to bring science into your home or classroom.
I strive to make each activity I share with you engaging and accessible to all families and places of learning.
- Each activity uses minimal new supplies- many using things common to all households. This is very important to me as I feel resourcefulness is a key skill I want to emulate to my daughters.
- They can be performed with many ability and age groups. Each activity or demo has many “layers of science” that I explain in the post, and it is up to you how far you want to delve with your kids.
- I re-use our special supplies (ones your wouldn’t normally find in your house). You can see other activities that use special supplies by browsing the tags on each post.
This is a growing site, so check back often! Let me know the types of things you’d like to see and do with your kids here!
Also, be sure to follow me on social media:
- I use Instagram to mainly share easy activities and snippets of my books. This account is geared towards parents, educators, and everyone interested in learning a bit of science. I use Instagram Stories to share my day-to-day life as a mother and author (and now just occasional scientist) and tutorials about the activities I do with my kids. It’s a great resource to learn more about science and to discover fun things to do with your kids everyday!
- On my Twitter account, I share awesome science demo videos, post about my books, and also relevant posts and articles related to my experiences as a woman and parent scientist.